In the beginning

This blog is in homage to Terry Darlington and his beloved 'Mon'. I read his books, Narrow Dog to Carcassonne, Narrow Dog to Indian River and Narrow Dog to Wigan Pier with absolute delight. I have now retired and have a narrow dog of my own, Bella, and am about to embark with her in a different form of transport. We are heading off in the camper to Italy via some French river stops.

I will never be as intrepid as Terry and Mon but hope to have some fun along the way! Bella is 16 months old and when I picked her up in Wales 2 weeks ago she did not know what a lead was and was terrified of everything. However she has come on in leaps and bounds, travels happily in the camper and seems to be on the way to 'normal' whippet behaviour. Crazy.

We are going for a shake down trip for 4 days ahead of the main trip to make sure everything works. Wish us luck.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog